Wednesday 24 April 2013

Compass 'Torp'

I had a brief discussion on Untappd about this one from Compass. It went along the lines of 'I didn't like it' and me saying that I did. I can see why it might divide opinion. I was persuaded to buy the last two in the shop since it wouldn't be replaced.

In fact I think it even divided my own opinion, if that's at all possible. When I first started it I definitely wasn't sure, the sour 'off' notes were almost too much, but when they dissipated into a pleasantly moreish, sherberty finish I was convinced. There's a herbal, metallic edge to it, and I picked up coffee in amongst the sour, pithy orange. All in all it's quite a flavour clash, and even looking back at my notes I'm not sure how it works, but for me, it did - which is why I ended up with the last two.

7% abv, £2.95 (33cl) from The Flipping Good Beer Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment